This DMCA Policy, which is deemed as Additional Terms to our Terms of Service, sets forth procedures with respect to allegations of copyright infringement on the Service.
PROCEDURES FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We are committed to complying with U.S. Copyright and related laws. Our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the ?DMCA?). It is our policy to remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders. If you believe your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in accordance with the requirements of the DMCA:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the website where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published).
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material you claim is infringing is located (note: you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material).
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Service can be reached as follows:
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC
120 Mountainview Blvd.
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Attn: Legal Department
The email address above is only for reporting copyright infringement and may not be used for any other purpose. Please see the "Contact Us" section in our Terms of Service for contact information for other topics.
If you believe an individual is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact our DMCA agent identified and provide information sufficient for us to verify the individual is a repeat infringer.
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Barnes & Noble College may elect to not respond to DMCA notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Barnes & Noble College may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
If access on the Service to a work that you submitted to Barnes & Noble College is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA copyright infringement notice, and you believe in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then you may send a ?Counter-Notification? to the email address listed above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Counter-Notification";
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the full URL of the page(s) on the Service from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your full name, address, telephone number, email address, and the username of your account with us (if any);
- a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
- your electronic or physical signature.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the address above that the party who sent us the DMCA copyright infringement notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Service.
Upon our receipt of a Counter-Notification that satisfies the requirements of DMCA, we will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures regarding counter notification. All Counter-Notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act. In all events, you expressly agree that neither Barnes & Noble College nor any of its affiliates or their employees, officers, directors, or agents will be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
Please note you may be held liable for money damages if you materially misrepresent an activity is infringing your copyrights.